...the case in which the US Supreme Court will opine on the copyright implications of P2P technology is due to be decided today. Watch this space - the IPKat will bring you information as and when it happens.
Passionate about IP! Since June 2003 the IPKat weblog has covered copyright, patent, trade mark, info-tech and privacy/confidentiality issues from a mainly UK and European perspective. The team is David Brophy, Merpel, Jeremy Phillips, Eleonora Rosati, Nicola Searle, Darren Smyth, Annsley Merelle Ward and Neil J. Wilkof. You're welcome to read, post comments and participate in our community. You can email the Kats here
For the half-year to 31 December 2015, the IPKat's regular team is supplemented by contributions from guest bloggers Jani Ihalainen, Nikos Prentoulis and Mark Schweizer.
Birgit Clark is on Sabbatical till the end of the year
Regular round-ups of the previous week's blogposts are kindly compiled by Alberto Bellan.
* Recommended by the European Patent Office as reading material for candidates for the European Qualifying Examinations 2013
* Listed as a "Top Legal Blog" in The Times Online, March 2011
* One of only two non-US weblogs listed in the 2010 ABA Journal Blawg 100
* Court Reporter Top Copyright Blog award winner, November 2010
* Number 1 in the 2010 Top Copyright Blog list compiled by the Copyright Litigation Blog, July 2010
* Selected by United States Library of Congress for inclusion in its historic collections of Internet materials related to Legal Blawgs 2010
* Top Patent Blog poll 2009: 3rd out of 50 in the "Favourite Patent Blog" poll and 2nd out of 50 in the "Most-read" poll
* ComputerWeekly IT Law and Governance Blog of the Year 20 August 2008
* Best of the Blogs, Times Online, 21 August 2008
* Listed as one of Managing Intellectual Property magazine's Fifty Most Influential People of 2005, 2011, 2013 and 2014