On 13 and 14 May this year, the WIPO Coordinating Committee is to nominate person for appointment by the General Assembly as WIPO Director General. The nominations received so far (and biographical details) are now available on the WIPO website. They are:
- Mr. José Graça Aranha (Brazil)
- Mr. Enrique A. Manalo (the Philippines)
- Prof. James Otieno Odek (Kenya)
- Mr. José Delmer Urbizo Panting (Honduras)
- Mr. Yoshiyuki Takagi (Japan)
- Mr. Philippe Petit (France)
The IPKat hopes that the best man (for they are indeed all men) will get the job.