|A Kat subscribing to Sky Italia |
is only allowed to watch its programmes
when located in Italy, San Marino or Vatican City
- 45% of companies trying or considering selling digital services online to individuals consider that copyright, preventing them from selling abroad, is a problem;
- 20% of EU population indicated their interest in watching or listening to content from other EU countries and 33% in watching of listening to content from home when abroad;
- Of all the video on demand content in the EU, less than 4% of that content is available cross-border.
|Being vague seems |
increasingly en vogue
- Copyright reform proposals will be tabled in Autumn 2015;
- Proposals on cross-border access will be also tabled this year;
- Both the undertaking of a comprehensive analysis the role of online platforms in the market and the launch of an initiative leading to "possible" proposal [sounds rather vague: will it ever happen?] for combatting illegal content on the internet will take place in 2016.