(2) Craig Kelly summarizes the Judgement issued by the General Court of the European Union, in Tune v EUIPO, Case T-579/15 (Nov. 8).
(3) Is “+” a “plus” or a “cross”? See the post written by Mark Schweizer on the CONCEPT+ case in Switzerland. The decision can be found here (PDF, not final).
* Former Guest Kat Mike Mireles wrote a post on IP finance about the EU tax reform announced by EU Commission and the Venture Capital fund, together with his “expectations” for Donald the President-elect. In the same blog, Anne Fairpo crossed her fingers on the new promises extracted from the UK Prime Minister’s speech to the Confederation of British Industry (Nov. 21st) about reviewing the IP incentive tax system.
* Another former Guest Kat, Stefano Barazza wrote a JIPLP Editorial discussing the future of IP in higher education. WIth regard to what has been missing in IP higher education and what needs to be done in the future, his in-depth analysis hits the spot.
* What has happened in Latin America? On IP Tango, Patricia Covarrubia firstly writes about the alarming foreseen civil disturbances in Latin America caused by TPP (the Trans-Pacific Partnership) and TISA (the Trade in Services Agreement). Later, she welcomes the fee-reductions initiated by Ecuador's Intellectual Property Institute. This ever-productive writer also brings the news of the partnership between the Asociación Interamericana de Propiedad Intelectual (Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property) (ASIPI) and oriGIn (Organisation for an International Geographical Indications Network) to increase cooperation on Geographical Indications (GIs).
Photo courtesy of Ms. Ana Barbara Ribeiro Ramalho.